Thursday fire on Fairington Drive ruled accidental
Monroe Fire Protection District firefighters extinguished a blaze that started in the kitchen of a home in the 3100 block of Fairington Drive Thursday morning.
The homeowners were at home when they saw smoke in the residence and flames in the kitchen before they called 911 around 11 a.m. They were able to get out safely before fire crews arrived, MFPD reported in a press release.
When firefighters arrived, they saw smoke coming from the house and discovered heavy fire in the kitchen. Once the fire was knocked down, crews began salvage and overhaul operations. They pulled large portion of the ceiling down to expose and extinguish hot spots in the attic.
The fire was ruled accidental due to electrical failure. No injuries were reported. IU Lifeline Ambulance and Duke Energy assisted.
This article originally appeared on The Herald-Times: Monroe Fire Protection District responds house fire on Fairington Dr