Many Marylanders are already over this cicada emergence. But, some families are making the best of it -- including a Maryland family that enjoyed the insects on pizza.
- I can't believe I'm going to say this, but will it be extra cheese, pepperoni, or cicada? That was a pizza topping for one Maryland family.
- Take a look. Alyssa Lighter and her family added the fried insects, with the sprinkling of Old Bay on the slices, during their pizza night. Lighter says her 7-year-old was the first to want to try a-- look at that. Cicada. So the rest of the family got on board. The kids thought it tasted like ham or normal pizza toppings. Mom said, they tasted like grass.
- I'll applaud them for being adventurous and trying it. Way to go
- Yeah me too.
- New experiences, folks.
- And look at their faces. They seem to actually enjoy it. I don't know what that has to do to get stuck in your tooth there--
- No, no, no. They're just showing it pushing it in. Yeah.
- Dah-dah-dah. She's not so sure. OK. OK.
- She's not going back. No second slice for her. That's it.
- All right.