1. Children’s Board Free Tuesday: The Glazer Children’s Museum is free on the first Tuesday of every month. Due to the high attendance volume on Free Tuesday, the museum requires registration to limit the number of attendees to allow for social distancing. Learn more at glazerMuseum.org/freetuesdays. While there, you can check out the visiting exhibit based on the PBS show Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood. Free. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday. 110 W Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa. 813- 443-3861. glazermuseum.org.
2. Summer Circus Spectacular: Starting Friday for a two-week run, Sarasota’s Circus Arts Conservatory and the Ringling Museum will showcase some of the finest circus artists from around the world. $18, $12 ages 12 and younger. Shows are 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. weekdays and 2 and 5 p.m. Saturdays through Aug. 14. Save your show ticket for $5 admission to the Circus Museum. Historic Asolo Theater, 5401 Bay Shore Road, Sarasota. 941-360-7399. ringling.org.
3. Birds of Prey Tour: Take a tour of the Boyd Hill Nature Preserve’s aviary to get an up-close look at birds of prey and learn how you can help them thrive and survive. $3, $1.50 children. 9:30 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. 1101 Country Club Way S, St. Petersburg. 727-893-7326.
4. Bok Tower Summer Fun Days: Wawa is sponsoring a free day for families to explore the historic and lush Bok Tower Gardens the last Friday of every month through September. Located about 25 miles southeast of Lakeland, the historic gardens have hundreds of flower varieties and a bird sanctuary. There’s also a 205-foot tower boasting 57 bells that play in concert every day. Admission is normally $15, $5 for ages 5-12, but it’s free from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday. Bok Tower Gardens, 1151 Tower Blvd, Lake Wales. 863-676-1408.
5. Back-to-School fairs at the malls: WestShore Plaza and Citrus Park Town Center will each have back-to-school bashes this weekend with giveaways and entertainment for kids. At WestShore, more than 60 vendors and nonprofits will have information tables set up. There will be free backpacks for the first 500 kids, as well as face painting, games, activities and appearances by Captain Fear and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers cheerleaders. Free. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. 250 WestShore Plaza, Tampa. Citrus Park Town Center will have free backpacks for the first 250 kids, more than 50 vendors, appearances by mascots from the Tampa Bay Rays and Tampa Bay Lightning, entertainment, face painting and an interactive scavenger hunt for free school supplies. Free. 10 a.m-3 p.m. Saturday. 8021 Citrus Park Town Center, Tampa.