Rapper Tory Lanez has been charged with felony assault for the July shooting of “Savage” singer Megan Thee Stallion.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney announced the charges Thursday, nearly two months after Megan said Lanez shot her in both feet on July 12.
Lanez, 28, faces up to 22 years and eight months in prison if convicted as charged.
He’s facing one felony count each of assault with a semiautomatic firearm — personal use of a firearm — and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.
Prosecutors say he got into an argument with his 24-year-old victim while riding in an SUV in the Hollywood Hills.
They don’t identify Megan by name but say she exited the vehicle before Lanez shot at her feet several times, wounding her.
Prosecutors also added a special enhancement to the charges, saying Lanez personally inflicted great bodily injury.
His arraignment is scheduled for Oct. 13
Megan — born Megan Jovon Ruth Pete — described the harrowing incident in a video posted to her Instagram stories in late July.
“I was shot in both of my feet and I had to get surgery to get the sh-- taken out, get the bullets taken out,” she said.
“I had to get surgery. It was super scary. It was like just the worst experience of my life,” she said.
“Thank God that the bullets didn’t touch bones, they didn’t break tendons,” she explained. “Where the bullets hit at, it missed everything. But the motherf---ers was in there.”
The musician remained vague about the circumstances that led up to the shooting but said others had been circulating false “narratives.”
“I didn’t put my hands on nobody," she said. “I didn’t deserve to get shot. I didn’t do sh--.”
©2020 New York Daily News
Visit New York Daily News at www.nydailynews.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.