Parts of the Bridger-Teton National Forest were closed to visitors on Friday, July 1, as a wildfire grew to 99 acres, officials said.
The Sandy fire was first reported on Tuesday afternoon, June 28, and has been steadily increasing in size since then, according to the US Forest Service.
On Friday, officials closed portions of numerous trails and one road, according to the forest service.
A 20-person hand crew, a helicopter, and two engines were deployed to fight the fire. The cause of the fire was under investigation, officials said. Credit: Bridger-Teton NF Service via Storyful