Tunis (AFP) - Tunisia said Sunday it would extend by one month a nationwide state of emergency imposed after a November suicide bombing claimed by the Islamic State group killed 12 presidential guards.
The presidency, in a statement on its official Facebook page, said the state of emergency would be extended for a month from February 22.
It said the decision was taken after consultations between the president, the prime minister and the speaker of parliament.
The deadly November 24 bus bombing in Tunis was the third attack last year claimed by IS.
The jihadist group also said it was behind two bombings on the national museum and a beach resort that killed a total of 60 people, all but one foreign tourists.