Police are searching for a gunman who shot two co-workers at a Fort Lauderdale moving company Friday morning.
- Tonight, the search is on for a gunman who shot two men at a Fort Lauderdale business. The victims were rushed to the hospital in critical condition. Chopper 4 was over the scene at a moving and storage company. CBS 4's Joan Murray is live close to where the workplace shooting unfolded with new details. Joan?
JOAN MURRAY: Well, Eliot, it all happened in that gray warehouse you see behind me. It's a moving company well-known in this area. A rough day for the workers here. Some business went on as usual. But tonight, two of their friends are in the hospital, and one of their coworkers is being sought for this shooting.
- All of a sudden, a commotion's going on over there. You hear yelling back and forth, two or three different guys, whatever. And then, quiet.
JOAN MURRAY: The commotion Joyce heard over the back wall of her home 9:00 in the morning happened at the Good Greek Moving and Storage Company just north of the Fort Lauderdale airport. Police say two workers quarreled, a third tried to stop it, and one of the men in the fight pulled a gun, shot the man he was fighting with and the worker who tried to stop it.
DEANNA GREENLAW: The two victims both suffered gunshot wounds, and they remain in critical condition at Broward Health Medical Center.
JOAN MURRAY: The shooter ran. Police swept through the surrounding neighborhood, blocking streets, looking for the gunman.
- Please go inside. There's a man with a gun.
JOAN MURRAY: That's what Mary and Reggie were told. Until now, their biggest problem in their Edgewood neighborhood was speeders.
- We were just outside, and they just told us to go inside and that somebody was out with a gun. But they didn't tell us what happened or anything like that.
REGGIE DELANDSHEER: That is a bit of a shock today to know somebody was shot just a couple of seconds down from our [INAUDIBLE].
SPERO GEORGEDAKIS: And when hiring a moving and storage company, obviously, you have to be able to trust--
JOAN MURRAY: The founder of Good Greek Moving and Storage, Spero Georgedakis, is a familiar face, promoting his ties with the North Miami Police Department, where he was once a SWAT team member. The company is not commenting on the workplace violence. Joyce says since his district was built a couple of years back, she's lost more than her view.
- I'm ready to get out of here, to be honest with you. I'm not happy here at all whatsoever. This used to be so tranquil and so nice. This used to be like the country.
JOAN MURRAY: Now, police have still not released an ID on that accused gunman. If you have any information, call Fort Lauderdale Police or call Broward Crimestoppers. You do not have to give your name and could be eligible for a reward. 954-493-TIPS. In Fort Lauderdale tonight, Joan Murray, CBS 4 News.