The ministry notes that the operation was conducted in cooperation with Oleh Kotenko, Commissioner on Persons Gone Missing under Special Circumstances, and several Ukrainian law enforcement agencies. The location of the transfer was not disclosed.
Meanwhile, Ukraine is attempting to continue the repatriation of slain Ukrainian defenders, the Ministry said.
“With joint efforts, we strive to return the bodies of the defenders to their families as soon as possible, so that they could properly honor their memory!”
Kotenko added that Ukraine had already recovered 696 bodies of Ukrainian soldiers since the Commissioner’s Office started its work.
The first exchange of bodies was held in early June. The exchange took place according to a “160 for 160” formula.
President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said on Nov. 11 that Russia’s losses are ten times greater than Ukraine’s. According to the latest figures from the Ministry of Defense, that would indicate a rough estimate of around 8,000 to 9,000 Ukrainian servicemembers killed in the full-scale war.
Read the original article on The New Voice of Ukraine