Apple’s Touch Bar on its newer MacBook Pro models is just about useless, but there’s something right next to it that’s awesome. It’s a tiny little fingerprint scanner that you might not have even known is there, and it lets you unlock your laptop with a quick touch. Jealous? Don’t be. If you have a Windows 10 laptop or desktop, you can add the same feature to your computer for just $22. Check out the Idem FCC BioScan Compact USB Fingerprint Scanner on Amazon, which is a tiny little USB dongle with a built-in fingerprint sensor. Plug it in and you can unlock your computer without having to type out that annoying password!
Here’s the scoop from the product page:
More from BGR
- Apple Watch Series 4 with cellular just dropped to its lowest price of 2019 on Amazon
- You're crazy if you don't get Amazon's $25 Alexa smart plug while it's down to $5
- Anker's most popular fast wireless charging pad is back down to $9.99, its lowest price ever
- 14mm wide fingerprint sensor touch pad for highest 1st attempt success rate and 360° readability for convenient fingerprint scanning from multiple angles.
- Anti-spoofing, secure biometrics protection, and register up to 10 fingers per user account.
- Support file/folder encryption and one touch web login (with optional software).
- Fast Windows operating system sign-in within 0.25 seconds and WINDOWS 10 ONLY – NO SUPPORT FOR LINUX, MAC or WINDOWS 10 ENTERPRISE VERSION.
- FCC certified, a breeze to install and use with intuitive, quick start guide, US local customer support, plus 1-year warranty.
BGR Top Deals:
- Whoa… Amazon’s $25 Alexa smart plug is down to $5, and you’re nuts if you don’t get one
- These Labor Day deals on 55″ and 65″ Vizio 4K TVs are nuts
Trending Right Now:
- Netflix exec quietly confirms release timing for the epic show that could be the next ‘Game of Thrones’
- This is your last chance to get Disney+ for under $4 a month – here’s how
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ has a huge mistake that almost everybody missed