The US Navy aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower transited the Suez Canal in Egypt on April 2 after a container ship that blocked the waterways for days was freed.
The Suez Canal Authority announced earlier this week that the Ever Given container ship blocking the canal had been refloated. The ship became wedged across the canal on March 23, disrupting global shipping for several days.
Defense officials said Dwight D. Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group began operations in support of anti-ISIS Operation Inherent Resolve from the Eastern Mediterranean Sea on March 31. Credit: DVIDS via Storyful
- It probably won't be that long.
- I wanted [INAUDIBLE] You know?
- There were--
- Looks like a-- the little fade off--
- But [INAUDIBLE] would.
- Yeah, but they're just changing it.
- Our worst moments.
- I'm so glad you told me.
- Yeah, I didn't know it either until--