In this week’s episode of our Useful Idiots podcast, hosts Matt Taibbi and Katie Halper talk with guest Max Blumenthal on his recent arrest following his involvement in a protest around the Venezuelan embassy. The Grayzone founder and best-selling author’s arrest went unreported by mainstream media.
“What I can say because it’s an open case, is that the charge against me is simple assault. I’m completely innocent.” Blumenthal goes on to explain why he’s been leveled with a false charge in the first place. “It’s a complete fabrication and it was made against me, I believe, because of who I am and the work I do by a group that’s being basically used by the U.S. government to carry out a vicious coup against an independent country and its UN-recognized elected government.”
More from Rolling Stone
- 5 Fresh Moments From the 5th Democratic Debate
- The Official Democratic Debate Drinking Rules, Atlanta Edition
- Useful Idiots: Shahid Buttar on Defeating Pelosi and Impeaching Trump
Matt Taibbi and Katie Halper also attempt to galvanize the #YangGang in hopes of bringing Andrew Yang on the show.
Best of Rolling Stone
- The Radical Crusade of Mike Pence
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Marco Rubio
- The 15 Worst Owners in Sports
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.