INTERNET (JUNE 7, 2020) (FORMULA E OPERATIONS LTD - ACCESS ALL)
1. VARIOUS OF START OF THE RACE AND OPENING LAP THAT SAW CHAMPIONSHIP LEADER PASCAL WEHRLEIN OF MAHINDRA DROP AS FAR DOWN AS 23RD AFTER BEING INVOLVED IN A PILE-UP
2. REPLAY OF PILE-UP WEHRLEIN WAS INVOLVED IN
3. WEHRLEIN OVERTAKING TECHEETAH'S JEAN-ERIC VERGNE INTO 12TH SPOT
4. NISSAN E.DAMS' OLIVER ROWLAND CROSSING THE LINE FIRST TO WIN THE RACE, FOLLOWED BY MERCEDES-BENZ EQ'S STOFFEL VANDOORNE WHO WINS THE FORMULA E RACE AT HOME CHALLENGE CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE
UNKNOWN LOCATION (JUNE 7, 2020) (FORMULA E OPERATIONS LTD - ACCESS ALL)
5. (SOUNDBITE) (English) FORMULA E RACE AT HOME CHALLENGE SERIES CHAMPION AND MERCEDES-BENZ EQ DRIVER, STOFFEL VANDOORNE, SAYING:
"Yeah, I mean first of all I'm really happy to win this championship. It's been, you know, a tricky, or tough day let's say, but yeah the start was very chaotic. I had a really good start, got alongside Pascal (Wehrlein) on the outside and then into turn two I got bumped from behind which then sent Pascal into a spin and so, maybe it would have been nice to have a proper fight on the track. But you know, I've been unlucky as well in a couple of races, so, I think, it's a well-deserved championship for us."
STORY: Belgian Stoffel Vandoorne won Formula E's virtual 'Race at Home Challenge' for Mercedes on Sunday (June 7) after finishing second in the Grand Final.
The former McLaren F1 driver had started 14 points behind his German rival Pascal Wehrlein but the final race around the Berlin Tempelhof layout offered double points, allowing a comfortable victory.
The series features regular Formula E drivers competing on simulators from their homes and aims to provide some action for fans of the all-electric championship, with racing on hold in real life due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
It has also been fundraising for U.N. children's fund UNICEF's global coronavirus appeal.
Wehrlein finished ninth, in a race won by Britain's Oliver Rowland for Nissan e.dams, after being caught up in a turn two pile-up that dropped him to 21st. The Mahindra driver ended up overall runner-up.
Formula E has yet to issue a revised calendar after halting racing in March.
(Production: Stefan Haskins)