- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Vanessa Bryant couldn't help but get emotional during her speech at the 2020 Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame ceremony, where her late husband, Kobe Bryant, was inducted on Saturday. The proud mom also shared moments throughout the weekend on social media, giving fans glimpses into the Friday night dinner gala and Kobe’s Hall of Fame exhibit.
VANESSA BRYANT: Right now, I'm sure he's laughing in heaven, because I'm about to praise him in public for his accomplishments on one of the most public stages. I can see him now, arms folded, but the huge grin, saying, isn't this some [BLEEP]?
- The late Kobe Bryant was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame over the weekend. And his widow, Vanessa, couldn't help, but get emotional, during her touching speech.
VANESSA BRYANT: I wish my husband was here to accept this incredible award. He and Gigi deserve to be here to witness this. Gigi would be so proud to watch her daddy get enshrined into the Basketball Hall of Fame.
I know Kobe's really looking forward to being here. He asked the Hall of Fame to specifically add a sixth ticket for Capri. He was so happy.
- Vanessa, clad in a Lakers purple Dolce and Gabbana gown, thanked Kobe's family and the many others who have lent their support over the years. She said her late husband would have had a long list of people to thank for helping him reach Hall of Fame status, including those who doubted him and worked against him. "He would think all of them for motivating him to be here. After all, he proved you wrong"
VANESSA BRYANT: Kobe had many accomplishments, but his most cherished accomplishment was being the very best girl dad.
- The Proud mom went on to praise Kobe for his many achievements on and off the court, but said his favorite was being a dad to their four daughters, Natalia, Gianna, Bianca, and Capri.
VANESSA BRYANT: Thank you for working so tirelessly to provide for us and for giving us the most amazing life together. Thank you for loving me enough to last lifetimes. In every lifetime, I choose you. To our girls, Natalia and Gianna, thank you for sacrificing so much time away from daddy. So that he could focus on being the best at everything he set his mind to do. Bianca and Capri, I'm so happy you're here to see this tonight. Daddy was incredible.
- Vanessa ended her speech with a little humor.
VANESSA BRYANT: I'm glad you brought on yourself, you overachiever.
- And a lot of love.
VANESSA BRYANT: I love you forever and always, Kobe Bean Bryant/
- Vanessa's speech was given a standing ovation and tons of praise on social media. She even got a special shout out from her best friend, Lala Anthony, who attended the event with her and called her the GOAT.
LALA ANTHONY: Who just delivered the greatest speech of all time? Would you guys like to see her? Drum roll, [DRUM ROLL]. She's epic.
I tell every day, she's the strongest woman I know, and I'm really, really proud of just how she's handling everything and just want to continue to be there, you know, as much as I can for her as a friend. She's just an amazing, an amazing human being, just amazing.
- The special family moments took place all weekend, starting on Friday at the tip off celebration and awards gala, where Vanessa and Kobe's oldest daughter, 18-year-old, Natalia, was presented with the late icons Hall of Fame jacket and ring. Vanessa also shared snaps from her family's tour of Kobe's Hall of Fame exhibit. Here's a four-year-old, Bianca, posing in front of her dad's iconic jerseys, and here's nearly two-year-old, Capri, smiling big in front of a giant photo of her legendary dad.
KOBE BRYANT: Our responsibility is to always inspire, and try to take some of the life lessons that we have learned and share those with the next generation. So that they can start their journey with a leg up.