RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
VIDEO SHOWS: VENDEE GLOBE SKIPPERS SENDING CHRISTMAS MESSAGES FOR CHRISTMAS DAY
SHOWS: VARIOUS UNIDENTIFIED LOCATIONS, AT SEA (RECENT) (ASO - SEE RESTRICTIONS BEFORE USE)
1. PURE-BEST WESTERN SKIPPER, ROMAIN ATTANASIO DRESSED AS SANTA CLAUS, WALKING ACROSS HIS BOAT, SAYING (French): "I'M BRINGING THE GIFTS"
2. LA MIE CALINE-ARTISANS ARTIPOLE SKIPPER, ARNAUD BOISSIERES WEARING A SANTA HAT AND BEARD WHILE THROWING A BAG IN THE AIR
3. DMG MORI GLOBAL ONE SKIPPER, KOJIRO SHIRAISHI DRESSED AS FATHER CHRISTMAS AND RINGING A BELL, SAYING (English): "MERRY CHRISTMAS"
4. (SOUNDBITE) (French) LA FABRIQUE SKIPPER, ALAN ROURA, SAYING:
"Never in my whole life have I been this spoilt!"
5. (SOUNDBITE) (French) SEAEXPLORER - YACHT CLUB DE MONACO SKIPPER, BORIS HERRMANN, SAYING:
"King Jean Le Cam."
6. CLOSE OF JEAN LE CAM'S BOAT, YES WE CAM! / HERRMANN (OUT OF SHOT), SAYING (French): "ON A VERY FAMOUS BOAT"
7. (SOUNDBITE) (French) SEAEXPLORER - YACHT CLUB DE MONACO SKIPPER, BORIS HERRMANN, SAYING:
"At Christmas, it's nice to have company."
8. (SOUNDBITE) (French) APIVIA SKIPPER, CHARLIE DALIN, AS HE OPENS UP A PRESENT TO REVEAL A RUBIKS CUBE, SAYING:
"Ah! Very good. I'm useless at this but I'll be able to practice. Or I'll leave it like this and say I did it."
9. (SOUNDBITE) (French) TIME FOR OCEANS SKIPPER, STEPHANE LE DIRAISON, SAYING:
"I've a guardian angel watching over me. Thanks to my little girl."
10. MEDALLIA SKIPPER, PIP HARE, HOLDING HER PHONE AT THE END OF A SELFIE STICK, SAYING (English): "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"
11. (SOUNDBITE) (French) V AND B-MAYENNE SKIPPER, MAXIME SOREL, SAYING:
"This is just crazy! Lovely foie gras."
12. (SOUNDBITE) (French) L'OCCITANE EN PROVENCE SKIPPER, ARMEL TRIPON, SAYING:
"I'm absolutely delighted! It suits me fine, doesn't it?"
13. (SOUNDBITE) (French) LINKEDOUT SKIPPER, THOMAS RUYANT, SAYING:
"Merry Christmas everyone!"
14. (SOUNDBITE) (French) CAMPAGNE DE FRANCE SKIPPER, MIRANDA MERRON, SAYING:
"I hope you're having a lovely Christmas wherever you are. It's the first time I've ever worn a hat like this!
15. (SOUNDBITE) (French) OMIA-WATER FAMILY SKIPPER, BENJAMIN DUTREUX, SAYING:
"Merry Christmas and enjoy the time with your family and loved ones."
16. (SOUNDBITE) (French) GROUPE SETIN SKIPPER, MANUEL COUSIN, SAYING:
"I have to admit that sometimes tears well up on reading your messages."
17. (SOUNDBITE) (French) LA MIE CALINE-ARTISANS ARTIPOLE SKIPPER, ARNAUD BOISSIERES, SAYING:
"Love and kisses to you all!"
18. (SOUNDBITE) (French) MAITRE COQ IV SKIPPER, YANNICK BESTAVEN, SAYING:
"See you soon! Merry Christmas."
19. (SOUNDBITE) (French) LA FABRIQUE SKIPPER, ALAN ROURA, SAYING:
"(LAUGHING) We're not first, we're not last, but it's Christmas and no one can take that away from us."
20. (SOUNDBITE) (French) TSE - 4MYPLANET SKIPPER, ALEXIA BARRIER, SAYING:
"Enjoy this Christmas holiday season."
21. (SOUNDBITE) (French) YES WE CAM SKIPPER, JEAN LE CAM, SAYING:
"To all those who are alone, I am too. We are together. So, I'm sending you lots of kisses."
22. (MUTE) GRAPHIC SHOWING THE POSITIONS OF ALL THE BOATS COMPETING IN THE VENDEE GLOBE AS OF DECEMBER 25, 2020
STORY: More people than ever are having to isolate this Christmas but for some it's normal to be alone during the season.
The sailors competing in the Vendee Globe are in the South Pacific Ocean on day 47 of the solo non-stop round the world yacht race.
Many of them posted video messages to mark Christmas Day with some even dressing up as Santa Claus. They all received gifts from family and friends to mark the day.
Apivia Skipper, Charlie Dalin, who received a Rubik's cube as a gift, is in the lead, narrowly ahead of Maitre CoQ IV Skipper, Yannick Bestaven who has decided to head north.
Dalin is unlikely to still be in front for the New Year with Bestaven beating into a north-easterly wind about 100 miles (160 kilometres) north-east of the Apivia boat.
(Production: Tim Hart)