ViacomCBS, the parent company of CBS News, has launched its new Paramount+ streaming service featuring new series, classic entertainment, live sports, breaking news coverage and more. CBS News' Chris Martinez shows us some highlights.
- VIACOMCBS has entered a new era in streaming. The new, rebranded streaming service, Paramount+, launched today. As CBS's Chris Martinez shows us breaking news, live sports, as well as classic and original entertainment are now just a click away.
- Let's fly.
CHRIS MARTINEZ: VIACOMCBS has launched its newly rebranded and enhanced streaming service, Paramount+.
- We've transformed CBS All Access into Paramount+. Paramount+ will be one of the only streaming services to combine live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. It's all your favorites all in one place.
CHRIS MARTINEZ: Paramount+ brings together the massive libraries of Paramount, CBS, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, and Smithsonian channel. Its catalog features more than 2,500 movie titles, 30,000 episodes, more than 1,000 live sporting events, and 24 hour live news coverage from CBS News and it's more than 200 local affiliates across the country.
- I know why came all the way up here.
- There's nothing left.
CHRIS MARTINEZ: For movie lovers, new releases like "A Quiet Place, part two", and Mission Impossible 7 will arrive on the streaming service a month and a half after appearing in theaters. Paramount+ will also initially debut 36 original series.
- Love means never having to say you're sorry.
CHRIS MARTINEZ: Some of its biggest hits like "Love Story", "Grease", "Flashdance", and "Yellowstone" will be reimagined into new series. Fan favorites "Frasier", "Rugrats", and MTV's "The Real World New York", are among those also being revived.
- Our fans have been so loyal and so passionate.
CHRIS MARTINEZ: Other highlights include "Younger's" final season moving to Paramount+.
- I'm Jackson.
- He's going to help me solve the mysteries of my best friend.
CHRIS MARTINEZ: Original documentaries and a new reality series debuting every month during 2021.
- This is a big day, a new day, a new beginning.
CHRIS MARTINEZ: CBS All Access accounts have already automatically switched to the Paramount+ app. Chris Martinez, CBS News, Los Angeles.