Chinese foreign aid will be devoted to fighting human rights abuses in Xinjiang, Dominic Raab has said. It comes after the Government was criticised last year for funding schemes to China including a photography project to understand the country’s past, syphilis tests for gay men and improving cancer screening in rural areas. The Foreign Secretary told the International Development Committee that he had cut China's Official Development Assistance by 95 per cent. He said: "There is £900,000 left and that will go towards human rights and open society programmes.” Mr Raab added that he assumed colleagues would not want to see this funding cut “given the pressures and challenges in Xinjiang and Hong Kong". His comments come as MPs on Thursday night approved a House of Commons motion which declared Uyghur Muslims and other minorities are "suffering crimes against humanity and genocide" in Xinjiang. Although the motion is non-binding, it is a further sign of Parliament's wish for the Government to act. China hit back on Friday morning, calling the "unwarranted accusation" of genocide "the most preposterous lie of the century, an outrageous insult and affront to the Chinese people, and a gross breach of international law and the basic norms governing international relations". "China strongly opposes the UK's blatant interference in China's internal affairs," Beijing's UK embassy said in a statement.