How to find warming centers, hot meals, and other human resources in Connecticut

Sabrina Herrera, Hartford Courant
·1 min read

During Connecticut’s severe cold weather protocol, anyone in need of shelter can call 211 to get connected with local services or go online. Here is a searchable list of warming centers in Connecticut.

<mark class="hl_tblue">More Info on 211</mark>

211 is operated by the United Way of Connecticut and the state of Connecticut. Calling 211 is free from any phone, and services are available in up to 30 languages. You can also go to to find resources.

211 offers many local, informational health and human services related to:

Food, including emergency food access, food service programs, and holiday meals

Mental health, including community health, domestic violence and suicide prevention hotlines, general talking hotlines, counseling and therapy referrals

Health care

Housing, including emergency shelters and rent payment assistance

Substance abuse, including treatment and support groups



Utility assistance

Income, including career counseling and financial literacy resources

Children & families, including income assistance, housing and home visit programs

Crisis, including mental health, sexual assault and domestic violence resources

Basic needs, including winter clothes, diapers and food resources

Legal assistance, including family law, child support assistance, immigration services, emancipation of minors

Re-entry services for people released from incarceration, including health and dental care, employment, mental health services, basic needs and more

Older adults, including benefits assistance, senior meals, assisted living, home health care and more

Visit for more local human resources.