• Restaurant Weeks, Jan. 24-Feb. 6, Downtown South Bend, 17 participating restaurants. View menus at EatDrinkDTSB.com. Options for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and drinks. Approximately 10 percent of the proceeds from each meal purchased will be donated directly to the Beacon Children’s Hospital.
• Fish Fry, 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 308, 122 Lincoln Way E., Osceola, 574-674-6712. All you can eat when dine-in. Curbside pickup and ordering. Cost: $9.
• Fish, Chicken or Shrimp Fry, 4:30 to 7 p.m. Friday, Ryan A. Balmer American Legion Post 161, 133 E. Mishawaka Ave., Mishawaka, 574-255-8319. Carryout only. Call ahead Thursday and Friday. Cost: $8 to $14.
• Kitchen Open, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 357, 5414 W. Sample St., South Bend, 574-234-5073. Fish fry plus full menu on Fridays. Cost: varies.
• Polish Style Dinner, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Feb. 19, Z.B. Falcons, 323 S. Sheridan St., South Bend, 574-288-3335. Served buffet style. Cost: $14. Tickets available at club or call Kim for “will call.” Purchase tickets by Feb. 15. Dine-in or carryout available but must have tickets.
Submit your event to Cheryl Morey, Newsroom, South Bend Tribune, 635 S. Lafayette Blvd., Suite 138, South Bend, IN 46601; or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is Thursday prior at noon. Please check with the venue for any cancellations.
This article originally appeared on South Bend Tribune: What's Cooking: Community meals this week