ARLINGTON, VA — The nation is preparing to celebrate America's 244rd birthday this week, and with the holiday falling on a Saturday, that means many local businesses and government agencies will be shut down on Friday. However, that isn't the case for everyone.
So what is going to be open and what's going to be closed this holiday week? We have a breakdown for Arlington below:
All Arlington County government offices will be closed Friday, July 3, for the observance of the Fourth of July holiday.
- Courts: Circuit Court, General District Court, Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court will be closed July 3.
- DMV & DMV Select: All DMV offices are closed. Visit DMV’s Online Services to access many available transactions.
- Human Services: Closed (Child Protective Services, Adult Protective Services, and Mental Health Emergency Services open 24/7/365)
- Libraries: Closed on July 3-4.
- Parks & Recreation Facilities & Programs: Administrative offices, centers, classes and leagues will be closed. Parks and outdoor amenities will be open with some restrictions.
- Parking: Metered areas not enforced July 3-4. All other violations will be enforced.
- Permitting and Inspection Services: Permit Office is closed. No building or trade inspections will take place. Online permitting is available. System is available for customer use and application submissions, but processing and technical support will resume Monday, July 6.
- Public Schools: Closed.
- Sheriff’s Office: Administrative offices closed on July 3. Detention Center Visiting Hours
- Swimming Pools: For openings, see pool schedule.
- Treasurer’s Office: Closed July 3, but CAPP available for online payments.
- ART – July 3: ART 41, 42, 45, 51, 55 and 87 will operate on Sunday schedules. All other ART routes will not operate and the ART customer call center will be closed. July 4: ART 41, 42, 45, 51, 55, 77 and 87 will operate Saturday schedules. All other ART routes will not operate.
- STAR – The Call Center will be closed. To book STAR trips on those days, please contact the Call Center no later than Thursday, July 2.
- Metrorail & Metrobus Schedule
- Trash/Recycling Curbside Routes – Regular Friday service on July 3
- Drop-off Yard Waste Sites – Closed July 3 and weekends
- Special Collections (Brush, Metal, E-waste) – Regular service July 3
- Mulch Delivery – None July 3
- Customer Contact Center – Closed July 3
- HHM Facility and ECRC – Closed July 3
- Free Paper Shredding on July 11 due to holiday weekend