DEKALB COUNTY, GA — If you're getting a little bit of cabin fever, you aren't alone. And although you probably still can't go out to eat in your area, you can bring a taste of the outside world home to you.
Patch reached out to restaurants across the Atlanta metro to find out which ones are offering takeout and delivery, when they're doing so and how their customers can place an order.
Here are the restaurants offering takeout and delivery in DeKalb County:
- Old Hickory House
- Address: 2202 Northlake Parkway Tucker, Ga. 30084
- Hours: 11 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Wednesday - Sunday
- Website: www.oldhickoryhousebbq.com
- Delivery: Postmates, grubhub delivery 770-939-8621 to place if picking up
- Takeout: Online, 770-939-8621 take out, curbside (bringing to car)
- Alcohol: no
- The Duke
- Address: 4685 Ashford-Dunwoody Rd; Dunwoody, GA 30346
- Hours: 4 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Website: Facebook
- Delivery: Not at the moment
- Takeout: Yes, call 678-691-7597 or 678-293-4800. (no cash payments)
- Alcohol: Yes, bottled beer & bottles of wine
- Brew and Bird
- Address: 1355 Clairmont Rd Decatur, Ga 30033
- Hours: 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. for lunch and 4:30 p.m. - 9 p.m. for dinner
- Website: brewandbird.com
- Delivery: Yes, through Grub Hub.
- Takeout: Yes, call your order to 404-205-5566
- Alcohol: Yes
- Dixie Q BBQ
- Address: 2524 Caldwell Road, Brookhaven
- Hours: Tuesday - Sunday 11 a.m. until it's gone
- Website: Www.dixie-q.com
- Takeout: Delivery: Via phone 404.228.1502
- Via phone 404.228.1502
- Alcohol: Pickup closed container beer and wine
- Village Corner
- Address: 6655 James B Rivers Memorial Dr, Stone Mountain, GA 30083
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Website: Germantestaurant.com
- Delivery: 770 498 0329, up to 5 mile radius
- Takeout: 770 498 0329
- Alcohol: Yes, we brew our own beers. Available in 6 packs & Growlers
- Marlow's Tavern
- Address: 4156 LaVista Road
- Hours: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Website: Marlowstavern.com
- Delivery: 678-987-1197
- Takeout: 678-987-1197
- We are open for dine in or take out. Curbside pickup is available.
- Alcohol: Yes
- Taqueria El Vecino
- Address: 2743 Lavista Road. Decatur GA30033
- Hours: Monday - Thursday, 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. | Friday - Saturday, 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. | Sunday, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Website: Taqueriaelvecino.com
- Delivery: Postmates for delivery. Curbside pick up.
- Takeout: Yes. Over the phone or through our app
- Alcohol: Yes
Know of other restaurants offering takeout or delivery? Let us know in the comments below.
In a news conference on March 23, Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp issued a shelter-in-place order for medically fragile people until April 6. In the conference, he also announced an order effectively closing bars and nightclubs and barring people from gathering in groups of 10 or more.
As a result of the order, Georgia's Department of Public Health can now shut down businesses or nonprofits, including churches, that don't follow rules.
Grocery stores and other businesses that allow customers to maintain six feet of distance between customers are permitted to remain open.
On Wednesday, Georgia-based Waffle House announced it was temporarily closing 418 of its eateries across the Southeast, officially placing the so-called Waffle House Index in the red.
Yes, that's a real thing. FEMA uses companies like Waffle House to gauge how quickly communities will be able to bounce back after emergencies due to its small chance of closing, Patch reported Wednesday.
FEMA head Craig Fugate is said to have coined the index in 2011.
"The Waffle House test doesn't just tell us how quickly a business might rebound — it also tells us how the larger community is faring," FEMA said. "The sooner restaurants, grocery and corner stores, or banks can reopen, the sooner local economies will start generating revenue again — signaling a stronger recovery for that community. The success of the private sector in preparing for and weathering disasters is essential to a community's ability to recover in the long run."
In a tweet, Waffle House said some of its eateries remain open to customers who wish to place carryout orders. Patrons are encouraged to reach out to their local Waffle House in order to place an order for pickup.
- GA Coronavirus: 438 Hospitalized, 47 Deaths, 1300+ Cases
- Cobb County Orders Shelter-In-Place
- Forsyth Publix Worker Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Decatur Mayor Issues Stay At Home Order
- Gwinnett County’s new orders close gyms; limits food and trash
- Canton Issues Shelter-In-Place Order
- Forsyth County Libraries Closed Until Further Notice