Dunk Bait discusses the newly announced head coach of the Brooklyn Nets, Steve Nash. Questions remain on whether he is qualified to fill the role and why Brooklyn decided on his appointment.
- --with KD and Kyrie both coming back, hopefully healthy, Dinwiddie, that whole crew. And it's-- to me, it's like look. If they don't perform, there's gonna be some stuff we're gonna need to talk about.
So we'll see. I'mma reserve judgment for now. But it is disappointing to me to see that black men get passed over so routinely in such a negative-- You know, even in like the NFL, we'll see with like Sean McVay and guys like that. Oh, they're these geniuses. Like yeah, of course you're a genius when you got the squad--
- Yeah. Yeah. Right.
- --to make those plays hit where you [INAUDIBLE].
- Right. Right.
- Are you really dipping into your stash? You know, I think we've just seen it too much with guys like Dwane Casey, who was coach of the year, and got, you know, fired because he lost to LeBron. Like, of course you're gonna lose to LeBron.
- What are you talking about?
- Mike Budenholzer did the same thing with the Hawks and their 61 season.
- Did he get booted? No. He's leveled up, and his bags are very, very fluffy.
- I at no point saw Steve Nash in the running for the job.
- Honestly, did anybody even talk about that?
- No. No. StanLeeWontDie, he said "Steve Nash Amy ain't even been an assistant coach."
- Nope. Nope.
- And that's the part that--
- Hasn't sat on the bench. Hasn't sat on the bench, bro. Like me and Josiah, we were at the finals. That dude was in the box next to us watching the game, bro.
- You know what I'm saying?
- I tried to take his Warrior shirts--
- --but the man wanted to lock the suite up when he left. So Steve [INAUDIBLE], I'm glad you reminded me of that.
- Yeah. Yeah.
- They had the playoff shirts. They took the L. I wanted to really memorialize that moment with legends like yourself-- Dragonfly, [INAUDIBLE], the whole crew really getting to witness that--
- --second to last loss in Oracle. Whew!
- Right. Right. Right.
- We was at Oracle. He was-- he wasn't even on the bench. So like he's been what, a special assistant, a shooting coach?
- He probably has a relationship with KD, but like, what has he done to prove that he could actually take over a team? You know what I mean?
- I want to pull this one up as someone that has lived in LA and watched what Steve Nash did with the Lakers. Now granted, he got hurt. He did collect the bags. But jimboscott707-- jimboscott702 wrote "Didn't think he'd want the day to day grind, and so I'm shocked."
Now Steve Nash the better part of his time as a Laker really just cashed those checks in the end. Didn't really do a whole lot. And now who's to judge him? He put in his time with Phoenix. Yes, absolutely. But I am curious. Like, this--
- This is a different grind, though. This is a different grind.
- You know what I'm saying? Like--
- All he's done is play beach volleyball and sit and drink Shellback the last five years. I see the man. He's not been working. And now he's the head coach. What? I don't understand.
- This is the thing. We know he doesn't-- he may not want the grind, but we do know he wants the bag. And he said that when he was with the Lakers. You feel me?