Wood burning stove believed to be source of Clarksville house fire

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — While below-freezing temperatures pose their own danger, heat sources can be just as hazardous if not used properly, as seen in a Saturday morning house fire in North Clarksville.

Clarksville Fire Rescue said crews from multiple stations responded to a residential structure fire in the 700 block of Willard Road shortly after 10:15 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 20. When units arrived at the scene, they saw flames coming from the roof.

Pleasant View first responders fight fire in subzero temperatures

According to officials, two people and one dog escaped the blaze without getting hurt.

The department announced in an 11 a.m. Facebook post the fire had been brought under control, but personnel were still extinguishing hot spots.

  • (Courtesy: Clarksville Fire Rescue)
    (Courtesy: Clarksville Fire Rescue)
  • (Courtesy: Clarksville Fire Rescue)
    (Courtesy: Clarksville Fire Rescue)
  • (Courtesy: Clarksville Fire Rescue)
    (Courtesy: Clarksville Fire Rescue)

Officials said there no injuries were reported following the fire, which is believed to have started from a wood burning stove.

Fire investigators were sent to the scene, but no additional information has been released about the circumstances surrounding the blaze.

For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to WKRN News 2.