INDIAN RIVER COUNTY — A 30-year-old house outside Vero Beach was severely damaged Friday evening after a fire reportedly began in the garage and spread.
The owners of the house in the 300 block of 39th Court Southwest, south of Vero Beach in unincorporated Indian River County, were home at the time, but left with their dog before the fire spread. No injuries were initially reported.
In case you missed it: More silver Interceptors on the way for VBPD in move to replace cop cars with SUVs
Four Indian River County fire-rescue trucks responded to the fire, which ignited about 5 p.m. Owner Larry Leach said the fire began in his garage, where he was charging the battery on a remote-controlled model airplane.
This article originally appeared on Treasure Coast Newspapers: New Year's Eve house fire spreads through Indian River County home