Mariah and Lola discuss how they can help Sharon and Rey, but someone is interfering with their future together.
- I know Sharon and Rey have been having problems for a while.
- One problem, really.
- You're preaching to the choir when it comes to Adam. But Sharon looked genuinely terrified that Rey has been pushed too far.
- Yeah. You should have seen him. I felt so bad. He had this defeated look in his eyes.
- Adam is a massive hurdle, but I don't think it's insurmountable. I think they genuinely still love each other.
- I wish there was something that we could do for them.
- Maybe we can.
- What's that mean?
- If we put our heads together, I'm sure we could figure out a way to help them out.
- When I envision my future, I picture myself by your side. Us coming home together and talking about our days, wrapped in each other's arms at night. I can see us going to Faith's high school graduation, and then visiting her at college. Visiting Celeste in Miami, learning your family recipes, and getting to know the city that you love.
And I think we should buy a vacation home. A place a special for just two of us. Maybe someplace in the mountains with a view. And I could see us waking up, sunrise, making love, and then gazing out at a sky that looks something out of a dream. Holding hands on the front porch as the years drift by. That's the life that I want. It's the only life I see for myself, only it doesn't work without you.
- I used to see those things for us too.
- Well, they're still right there. If we want them, we can have them all.
Forget it. I'm not going to answer it.
- It's OK. It's all right. Just go ahead. Just go.
- What is it? Sharon, is it Adam? Give me the phone. Give me the phone. Listen to me, Adam. I am coming for you. Doesn't matter where you go, you cannot hide from me. Do you hear me? I will find you.
- I'm so sorry. I had no idea that he would call.
- Well, of course he called. Of course he called. It's like he sensed something was going on between us, and he had to interfere yet again.
- I don't want to talk about him. Can we please just get back to what we were saying?
- You know, Sharon, there's no going back because this never ends. I can't do this anymore. I can't-- I can't stay here any longer.
- You said you would stay here for a while, for Faith.
- Yeah, well, we'll have to make up some excuse why I can't be here. You could tell her that I'm working the midnight shifts.
- So you want to go right now? Forever?
- All I know is, I can't stay here tonight.